Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Third Time's a Charm

Mission complete. The same nurse, Rose, I'd had the last two times came in and said she didn't even bother filling out the paperwork because she didn't want to jinx it. As soon as she did the ultrasound, all three of us could see a clear view of the baby. Woohoo! She went to get the "team" together and things were quickly underway.

I felt the needle go into my stomach, and it was pinchy he entire time. The rest just felt like a lot of pressure. I couldn't look at the overhead monitor at all. I didn't really want to know what was going on in there. They took several vials of fluid, and ended up with 2 keepers. One for FISH results, and one for the complete analysis. Rose did say during the ultrasound that everything looked good and there were no deformities that they usually see with Trisomy 18.

After I was all cleaned up and dressed, JB and I delivered the vials to the geneticist who explained what they were looking for and asked if we had any questions. After that we were good to go. Now I just have to stay off my feet for a few days, and call for the results on Friday.

No comments: