Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another week of waiting

The amnio didn't happen today. I have an anterior placenta, and it's covering the entire front of my uterus. On top of that, my placenta is very vascular, so I'll bleed a lot if they pierce it, so they only want to do it as a last resort. If they would have attempted it today, the only place they could have gone in was through my belly button, and I was having none of that. Luckily, neither was my doctor. I'll be going back next Wednesday. Great, another week of waiting and wondering.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

All Day Sickness

I had about 2 weeks of no nausea or vomiting, and all of a sudden since Friday, it's back with a vengeance. I've been thinking a lot about tomorrow's amnio, so it could be nerves. Right? The needle is actually scaring me more than what the results could be. I'm going to end up working myself into a panic attack, I just know it.

Monday, February 2, 2009

What if...

What if the results of the ultrascreen are right? The test came back fine for Down's, but with a 1 in 11 chance for Trisomy 18 or 13. I'm freaking out. Freaking. (Do not google. It's not good. You don't really want to know.)

I've gotten a lot of good advice and kind words from friends that have been in the same position and had happy endings, so that's making it a bit easier to wait the three weeks until I can have an amnio. The irony is that I told JB i wouldn't have an amnio unless there was a dire need. It wasn't something I was willing to subject myself to for no reason other than that I'm "old." The doctor presented it to me as an option today, but really, is there any option?

Does anyone have a time machine to get me through until February 25th?