Monday, February 2, 2009

What if...

What if the results of the ultrascreen are right? The test came back fine for Down's, but with a 1 in 11 chance for Trisomy 18 or 13. I'm freaking out. Freaking. (Do not google. It's not good. You don't really want to know.)

I've gotten a lot of good advice and kind words from friends that have been in the same position and had happy endings, so that's making it a bit easier to wait the three weeks until I can have an amnio. The irony is that I told JB i wouldn't have an amnio unless there was a dire need. It wasn't something I was willing to subject myself to for no reason other than that I'm "old." The doctor presented it to me as an option today, but really, is there any option?

Does anyone have a time machine to get me through until February 25th?


Anonymous said...

Big hugs. I hope everything is fine.

B. said...

You have a 10 in 11 chance of having a baby without trisomy 13 or 18. Focus on the 10 out of 11. Better than 90%. Those are great odds! I hope everything turns out fine and you can go back to "enjoying" pregnancy. My thoughts are with you. Please keep me posted.