Thursday, October 16, 2008

IUI #3 complete

JB couldn't come with me to the RE today, so I transported his deposit in my pocket. I find it odd that I have to produce a copy of his drivers license at the andrology/morphology lab when I present them with his goods. As if that proves it came from him. "Ah yes, his swimmers look just like him!" I killed the hour waiting by getting a cup of coffee and getting cheap less expensive gas at a station that was surprisingly full service. When I first started driving I swore I'd never pump my own gas. Silly 17 year old! Now it seems completely alien to me to not to pump my own.

Back at the RE I didn't have to wait long when I got back. I was shown to the room and the nurse came in immediately to confirm that the goods were JB's goods. Again with the license. Good numbers today. We got that squared away, she set up, I emptied my bladder, got undressed, climbed up on the table, put the paper drape over me, and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally Dr. Brad walked in, followed by the FNP that I don't like. (Dr. Brad was also the doc on my first IUI back in July. While we were waiting in he waiting area, I overheard him being introduced to the front desk staff because it was his first day. I believe I was his first patient/procedure in the practice.) He was quite chatty today, which is always odd when you're sitting there with no pants on. He said he hoped it was a pointless conversation, but we're going with injectables next cycle, but he really hoped it was a moot conversation. Yay for being positive, Dr. B! He continued to be chatty throughout the procedure, which again, is odd, but better then a sullen doctor, right? Just a mild burning sensation and it was all over.

Back again in 2 weeks for a pregnancy test. Let's keep everything crossed!


Heidi said...

everything I can cross is crossed for you

love and hugs

Xbox4NappyRash said...

thats funny about the sample.

the very best of luck!

Anonymous said...

I have everything crossed for you :)! Best of luck!