Monday, October 6, 2008

Injectables

SIgh. I don't mind getting shots, I'm used to being stuck with needles for bloodwork all the time now, but I cringe at the thought of having to give myself an injection. But now it's come to that. On Thursday I'm going in for the usual b/w and sono, and then to learn how to give myself injections of Follistim.

Sadly, I'm not only terrified of giving myself shots, I'm terrified of what this is going to cost. I know we're very lucky to have the insurance we do, but doesn't make spending hundreds of dollars a month on non-insured drugs any easier to swallow.

2 comments:

Martin said...

Is it possible for someone else to help you with taking/giving the shots?

The whole US insurance cost thing gives me nightmares.

IrishNYC said...

I'm sure I can do it, of course if I can't the DH will have to help me. Oh yes he WILL!

We're actually very lucky with our insurance because DH works for NYC, who may not pay their employees well, but we're very well covered in the area of insurance for the most part.