Friday, May 22, 2009

Much better

I saw a nutritionist this morning and the endo after that. I feel much much better. The nutritionist said that I was eating way too few calories, and that was evidenced by a 3 pound loss since Monday. That puts me at -15 for the pregnancy. She said I have to eat. Who ever would have guessed you'd have to encourage the fat girl to eat? She specifically said I need to snack more, but I've been at a loss for what to snack on. She said just about any 100 Calorie Pack would be perfect. I nearly hugged her. Chocolate! Crunchy but not veggies! Did I mention chocolate? I had chocolate covered pretzels tonight. Oh there is a God. I love that woman.

The endo was concerned that my glucose tends to spike with breakfast. I have to keep trying to control it with diet, but she did say that having a snack before bed (omg yay more encouraging of the chocolate snacks!) could help that a bit. If there's no improvement by next Friday I'll start a tiny dose of insulin at night. She also put me at ease that an occasional spike as mild as I've been having (130's to 150's) are nothing to be alarmed about as long as they remain occasional.

I feel so much better about this. Not that I have a choice, but I do feel more able to deal with this than I did before.

No comments: