Monday, May 18, 2009

Gestational Diabetes

After failing the one hour glucose tolerance test, last Monday I took the three hour tolerance test, and failed that as well. Gestational diabetes. Friday I saw an endocrinologist and learned to test my blood before and after every meal, and learned what I can and can't eat. Bascially I can't eat anything that I was eating before. I've been living on carbs for the last 6 months, and now that's a no no. I also haven't been terribly hungry for the last 6 months, and now all of a sudden I'm starving all the time, which makes it even worse that I can't just pop whatever I want into my mouth.

So far I've lost 12 pounds this pregnancy, and that's from eating nothing but garbage. Doing no carbs is worse than doing weight watchers! I'm sure I'm going to lose more weight. I've been eating low carb for 2 days now, and I go to the OB this morning, so I'm curious to see if I lost more since Friday.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Ick!! I totally would cry! I lived on pizza through my whole pregnancy, I'm sure that isn't on your diet!

Just a few more weeks and you will be holding that beautiful little girl, and this will all be worth it.

Martin said...

look after yourself!

eat eat eat!